Detroit , MI
Marsh converted the massive five-story, former Melrose Hotel (est. 1927) and adjoining car wash into a loft-living development with private gated parking. The 67,000 sq. ft. Mid-Med Lofts project also included an exterior facelift to the retail spaces next door. The 37-units ranged from single-story 833 sq. ft. to two-level 1,725 sq. ft. spaces and were furnished with wood flooring, gourmet kitchens with granite countertops, and private balconies or garden terraces.
Shortly after this project was complete, the property owner decided to market the building as office space instead. Marsh was contracted to completely renovate the entire 2nd floor, approximately 17,500 sq. ft. of that was fit-out for Karmanos Cancer Institute. The administrative offices for a two pharmacies and are also in the building, as is an accounting firm. The fourth floor remains entirely residential. The building is now named Mid-Med Plaza.
Construction Manager (Mid-Med Lofts)
Design/Build (Mid-Med Plaza)
Gardner/Niagara Murano (Mid-Med Lofts)